Air fryer jerk salmon is a great way to get lunch or dinner ready during the week. It’s ready in under 20 minutes, full of flavor and is perfect for meal prep. This recipe is Whole30 compatible, Gluten and Grain free, Paleo, and soy free.
What jerk seasoning do I use?
Whatever jerk seasoning or marinade you find will work as long as it’s compatible. You could even make your own and keep it in the fridge. I like to use A Dozen Cousins Jamaican jerk seasoning. It’s designed to marinate the protein in 5-10 minutes. Which is perfect for those busy weeknights when you don’t have time to let the protein marinate or if you forgot to set up a marinade beforehand. I added a bit of coconut aminos or coconut teriyaki to help stretch the marinade a bit as well as help give the salmon the traditional jerk color.
Does it matter what type of salmon I use in this recipe?
It does not! Get whatever salmon you can afford. In this recipe I used wild caught sockeye salmon. It was on sale and looked fresh, but Atlantic salmon would be just fine. Make sure when you go to purchase the fish that it doesn’t look slimy or has a strong fishy taste. Frozen salmon could be another option, just make sure it isn’t already seasoned and the ingredients are Whole30 compatible.
How long can I store air fryer jerk salmon in the fridge?
It never lasts long in our house, but at the maximum I will say 4-5 days. Be sure its stored in an airtight container and reheat in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes in 400 degrees Fahrenheit. It also freezes well.
Things to know about this air fryer jerk salmon recipe:
- Check the salmon 5-7 minutes into cooking for doneness. Depending on the fish it could cook faster.
- If you don’t have an air fryer you can use the convection setting on your oven or use a toaster oven.
- If you don’t have a compliant jerk marinade, you can use a jerk dry rub. I recommend this one from All Seasoning.
Looking for another quick and easy weeknight dinner? Then check out this Chicken Chop Suey recipe.
Air Fryer Jerk Salmon
- Air Fryer
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 pound Salmon fillet
- 1 package A Dozen Cousins Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 TBSP Coconut aminos or coconut teriyaki
- Cut salmon fillet into 1-inch strips.
- Add salmon to a mixing bowl. then add coconut aminos/teriyaki and 1 packet of A Dozen Cousins Jamaican jerk seasoning.
- Mix and evenly coat salmon with the marinade.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Once preheated, spray the liner with a compatible cooking spray.
- Add salmon and brush on any leftover marinade.
- Cook for 7 to 10 minutes. Check at 7 minutes for doneness.
- Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!