This is a very popular Jamaican breakfast side, but you can enjoy this any time of day. It comes together in a blink of an eye. Perfect addition to any weekday meal.
Callaloo and Saltfish
- Cutting board
- Medium pot with lid
- Wooden spoon
- Tongs or 2 forks
- Mixing bowl
- Can opener
- 1 can callaloo drained⠀
- ½ medium onion diced⠀
- ⅓ green bell pepper diced⠀
- ⅓ red bell pepper diced (you can use a small Roma tomato, seeded and diced)⠀
- ½ package or 3 filets saltfish boiled and flaked⠀
- 1 stalk escallion green onion⠀
- 3 cloves garlic chopped⠀
- 1 TBSP compliant oil
- Put saltfish in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Once it boils drain the water and taste. If it’s too salty boil again. 2. You shouldn’t need to boil more than twice because you want some saltiness to it. Remove and set aside.
- Flake saltfish filets.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat then add oil. ⠀
- Sauté onion, garlic, escallion and peppers until the onion is translucent. ⠀
- Add in callaloo and saltfish and heat through. ⠀
- Serve with your favorite vegetables and enjoy!