Grain Free Green Filled Red Enchiladas
- Cutting board
- Large pot with lid
- Baking dish
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Instant Pot
- Immersion blender or blender
- Wooden spoon
- 1 medium onion⠀
- 1 small tomato⠀
- 2 ounces dried guajillo chili stemmed and deseeded ⠀
- 1 ounce dried chili de arbol stemmed and deseeded⠀
- 3 cups water⠀
- 1-2 TBSP oil⠀
- 1 cinnamon stick⠀
- 1 clove garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic⠀
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp oregano⠀
- ½ tsp paprika⠀
- ¼ tsp cumin⠀
- Instant pot salsa verde chicken⠀
- 2-4 chicken breasts⠀
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cumin⠀
- 1 jar salsa verde I used Trader Joe’s brand⠀
- 1 package grain free tortillas
- 1 package dairy free shredded cheese
- Start making the sauce by adding the chilies and water to a heavy bottom pot. Bring to a boil then simmer for 25-30 minutes. ⠀
- Start the salsa verde chicken in the instant pot by adding the chicken breast, salt and cumin and stir. Add the jar of salsa verde and stir enough to coat all the chicken.
- Cook chicken for 15 minutes. Allow 10 minutes of natural release before doing a manual release. ⠀
- Once chilies have simmered, remove and add to a bowl with 2 cups of reserved liquid. If you don’t have enough just add water to get to 2 cups. ⠀
- In a skillet heat 1-2 TBSP of oil on medium then add onions. Once translucent add spices and tomatoes and cook another 2-3 minutes. ⠀
- Add onion and tomato to the bowl with reserved water and chilies. Either blend in batches in a blender or using an immersion blender in the bowl.
- Once the chicken is ready add them to a bowl with 2 TBSP of the leftover liquid and pull with 2 forks. You can use a stand or hand mixer on low to pull the meat as well just cover with a to prevent a mess.
- Preheat oven to 350F. ⠀
- Once pulled add a ladle or two of sauce to the bottom of a baking dish. Then add chicken and cheese to the tortillas and roll. As they are done add them to to baking dish and once you are done cover with the remaining sauce and cheese.
- 10. Cover with foil and cook in the oven for 20 minutes. Then remove the foil and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- 11. Then remove, serve and enjoy! Serve with your favorite fixings (radish, jalapeño, sour cream, avocado).
If using blender let contents cool before adding to blender.