- Cutting board
- Dutch pot
- Immersion blender or blender
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- 1.5 pounds asparagus trimmed and cut in to 1 inch pieces
- 3 parsnips
- 1 small onion
- 1-2 TBSP oil olive or avocado
- 3 cups broth or water an additional cup of water warm
- salt to taste
- 1 bay leaf fresh or dry
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Heat oil heavy bottom pan on medium heat. Once oil is hot add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add asparagus, salt and garlic powder. Sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Add bay leaf, parsnips and broth and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Once asparagus and parsnips are fork tender remove bay leaf. You can either blend in batches using a blender or blend in the pan. Use the extra cup of water as needed to help blend the soup. You can leave some chunks if you want to.
- Serve garnished with a lime and enjoy!
Add 1/2 cup coconut cream if desired. If using blender let contents cool a bit before blending. work in batches.